Monday, July 31, 2017

Meet Isaiah Hudson, Senior Bonner Intern

Isaiah Hudson is a junior, economics with a minor in fashion merchandising here at Morehouse College. A native of Youngstown, Ohio, Isaiah was raised in Ohio but later on graduated from high school at Sprayberry High in Marietta, GA. 

During his time at Morehouse College, he has served within the bonner program as freshmen class coordinator and currently chief compliance officer. As a bonner scholar, he as been volunteering at KIPP Strive Primary school, a community partner for the bonner office, for the past 2 years primarily working with 3 and 4 graders in the classroom. 

Besides his interest in community, Isaiah interests in fashion, media, and economics have given him the opportunity to intern at NBCUniversal during the summer of his sophomore and junior in digital ad strategy with Telemundo. Isaiah believes that internships are vital for all Morehouse students continuing past their undergraduate studies. Isaiah remembers a quote from a family friend, "Internships are just that internships it allows you to see what you want to do and what you do not want to do". 

Isaiah poses this question to his younger brothers: What makes you happy? 

13 comments:

  1. What makes me happy..... Being able to fully understand myself and the people around me!! Being able to bring joy, laughter, etc. To people's lives, also being able to help individuals with personal and professional matters helping people grow!!! Helping myself grow is what makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Makes me happy is being able to affect the lives of others positively. I get pleasure out of helping people thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 days away from flying to Atlanta, 6 days away from seeing you all, 7 days away from NSO, this makes me very happy. To be able to see my family so proud of the direction my life is going fills me with intense joy. Seeing other peoples happiness makes me very happy. I love food, talking to new people, and helping people. Those things make me very happy. This is D'Andre Smith by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing that genuinely makes me happy the most, is to know that I am exceeding the expectations that are instilled by the many members of my support system, while also defeating the odds that are stacked against me by society. In my family, it is more often that we say our goodbyes in the setting of a courtroom or a funeral home, than on the campus of any college or university. I have never been so anxious and excited in my life. I know that the many accolades and success stories of my high school career are now out the window, as I am preparing to enter an institution that recruits nothing less than young men of the same caliber. I was told recently that I am a "big fish in a small pond", who is entering an environment that makes me a "small fish in an enormous pond". This statement came from my SGA Advisor of four years, who's arguably the hardest critic that I have other than myself. These words scarred me mentally, like a healed wound that once required stitches. With her voice constantly in the back of my head, repeating those words, I am arriving to campus ready to learn, grow, and establish.

    It makes me happy just thinking about how far I've come, and even happier to know the endless possibilities of where I'll be four years from now. With an entire state of people depending on me to represent them well and bring back change, I am ecstatic to take on the challenge of making them proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a very family oriented person, so being with and around members of my family make me happy. In a little under a week I am excited to meet some of my new family members in my Morehouse brothers. I also believe being able to witness growth is what makes me happy. My personal growth is important to me, but I love seeing ideas come to fruition, seeing the benefits of labor, whether it be my own or otherwise. That is what really makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What makes me happy is to see others filled with happiness. Genuine laughter and joy are what help me get through my day easily. It is really the simple things that can help one enjoy in life. Of course, another factor to my happiness is food. I see food as an art and a source of energy. Without food we would all die but, with food we are filled with energy, depending on what we eat. Potatoes chips and soda is okay, but homemade mac and cheese with fried chicken and cornbread is what truly makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What makes me happy is seeing other people happy. Also being the reason why there’re happy. What makes me happy ? Seeing my hard work paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What makes me happy is the fact that I'm starting to see my hard work and dedication pay off. I've worked nonstop these past few months as far as taking the ACT , applying for schools , & scholarships & to actually see everything pay off and many other countless blessings is what truly makes me happy. I've removed myself from toxic relationships & have surrounded myself by positive people that wish me well and uplift me. With all the blessings I've received thus far , I really have no reason to not be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What makes me happy is being able to bless others and impact lives. I just want to give back to my community because without my community I wouldn't be who I am today. I have grown and I want to continue to show the people I help how much of a man I have become. I always want people to know that there are still black men in the world doing great things and it makes me happy knowing I can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What makes me happy is knowing my mother is happy. My mother is my rock. And without my father’s support, a secure job or known future, she took on the role of mother, provider, leader, and guide — and she never looked back. She has never failed, which is why I do not fail. She has truly shaped me into the young man I am today. So knowing that she is stable and happy, makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a very caring and compassionate person. There are several things that make me happy. One of the most important things that makes me happy is when I have help others achieve their goals and aspirations .I always tend to give a helping hand to people who are having troubles or problems. It is the best feeling ever to know that you have helped someone achieve goals that they never thought they would.
    Another thing that makes me happy is meeting the goals that I set for myself and actually being able to push myself to strive for more. I always set goals for myself and I do whatever it takes to make sure they are met.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fulfilling my true desires and goals that will benefit my success in life is makes me happy. When I think of happiness, it is what perceive of it. For instance, my dream is to live on a beach and watch the sunset rise. That is something that would make me happy. As of now, being happy is waking up every day and improving my mind, body, and spirit. While developing and maturing myself to become a better man, it is also the moments where I have an opportunity to make someone else's life even better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good afternoon brothers. I hope all is well. What makes me happy is when I finally achieve any goal that I have set. The ability to set realistic goals and undergoing the process of maintaining the motivation needed to fulfill those goals is a priceless feeling. I receive such elation through goal setting and eventually conquering. Whether it is with the help of others or not. However, being able to cooperate with others along the way of reaching any goal of mine also makes me happy because I love meeting new people and networking. No man is his own island. Therefore, it is important for every man to understand that their will be things in his life that will be much easier accomplishing with others. The ability to work together and collaborate on brilliant plans and ideas makes me happy. This is what I look forward to doing while attending Morehouse. Which also makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Meet Isaiah Hudson, Senior Bonner Intern

Isaiah Hudson is a junior, economics with a minor in fashion merchandising here at Morehouse College. A native of Youngstown, Ohio, Isaia...